Everybody deserves some reward after a tiring day, and that treat could be in the form of an awesome drink to sip on. How about you reach for that lovely green bottle of Tanqueray Gin from the liquor cabinet?
You’ll find a reason why this gin is a famous gin of choice for many highball cocktails. What’s more, with its earthy nature, every pour of this spirit levels up your entire drinking game.
Also, it pays to know more about the drink that relaxes all your senses, so you can mix and drink it better in the future. That being said, keep reading and explore what Tanqueray is its types, and some cocktail drinks for you to try today.
What is Tanqueray Gin?
In case you didn’t know yet, Tanqueray is the fine spirit, which undergoes four distillations. During such processes, four botanicals (licorice, angelica root, coriander, and juniper) are combined to make the smooth alcohol drink that many casual drinkers love.
This classic beverage has been around for about 200 years, thanks to Charles Tanqueray, who established it in the 1830s. These days, you will find those familiar green bottles with a red wax seal in front of liquor bars and stores.
Since it has been around for centuries and is a popular drinking staple, filling up your bar with bottles of this tasty and refreshing gin will not cost you a fortune, as most are under $40. You see, it is a famous go-to gin style for the classic gin tonic and a spirit-based martini cocktail.
Tanqueray Gin Cocktails You Must Try
Are you searching for an exquisite juniper-forward spirit for your preferred gin cocktails? Look no further, as Tanqueray Gin is here to serve you. This remarkable spirit meshes smoothly with lemon, tonic water, and various cocktail drinks.
Here are some recipes for you to try.
- Gin Margarita
Why don’t you give a tasty spin on your traditional tequila? You can use gin as the spirit base. Of course, what better option than to use some Tanqueray? The outcome is certainly one of the best tequila cocktails that will oblige you pouring for more!
What you need:
- ¾ ounces of lime juice
- 1 ounce of Cointreau orange liqueur, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1 ½ ounce of gin, Bombay Sapphire
- Agave nectar, or simple syrup
- Run the lime slice around the top rim of your glass.
- Fill a shallow bowl with salt and dip the rum in the salt until it’s completely covered. Set it aside.
- Add gin, lime juice, and the Cointreau. Stir well until combined.
- Combine in ½ teaspoon of agave or any syrup until the mix reaches your level of sweetness.
- Fill the glass with ice, and pour the margarita mixture over the rocks.
- Serve right away, garnished with an added lime wedge, if necessary.
For all your cocktail-making accessories, feel free to visit Pour Haus today.